2 pieces of chicken breast meat (cut into thin slices)
1 parboiled bamboo shoot (竹笋)* - shredded
Handful of shredded carrot
2 slices of ginger
1/2 chilli (cut)
1 stalk of spring onion (cut into 2 inches long)
A little stock (I was cooking soup, so took 1/2 ladle of soup)
1 - 2 tbsp soy sauce
Cornstarch (1 tsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water)
Marinate chicken meat with (for 30 minutes or more)
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1-2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp corn flour
Dash of pepper
* Parboiled bamboo shoot is available from supermarket. One bamboo shoot per packet. You need to remove the outer green leaves before cutting the shoot.
1) Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add ginger, followed by marinated chicken (quick stir).
2) Add shredded bamboo shoots, carrot and cut chillies (quick stir).
3) Add stock (quick stir), soy sauce and slowly thickened with cornstarch solution.
4) Add spring onion, give it a stir and serve.