This is my kind of perfect "one-dish meal" to go with rice. There's meat, vegetable and soup, ALL in ONE bowl of comfort soup. I believe many busy mums will agree with me. Just need to cook one soup and probably steam a fish and dinner is ready! Simple to prepare, nutritious and the kids love it!
(serves 2 to 3 person)
150g minced pork
1 tbsp preserved vegetables (冬菜) - rinsed & chopped finely
1 stalk of spring onion (chopped)
Small piece of ginger - remove skin and grated
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp corn flour
Pinch of salt
Dash of pepper
Luffa (丝瓜) - remove rough outer skin and inner seeds. Thinly sliced.
1 tomato (cut into chunks)
350ml stock* + extra water to make a big bowl of soup
* See recipe for stock-base using ikan bilis and dried scallop
1) Mix (A) together and chill in fridge for at least an hour.
2) Boil stock and water in pot.
3) When soup starts boiling, add luffa and tomato.
4) Scoop a heap teaspoon of meat fillings, shape into meatball between the teaspoon and your palm (wet your palm first) and drop the meatball into soup. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5) Add a little salt to taste and serve.