|Beef Avocado Salad with Lemongrass & Balsamic Vinegar Dressing|
Serve this salad as a main course for two persons or a side salad for four. The combination of finely chopped
lemon grass, Thai fish sauce, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and mixed herbs/chilli makes this an appetising and flavourful dish. Once you get the steak marinated and the mixed salad greens prepare in advance (leave them in the fridge), putting everything together is a breeze.
2 pieces of sirloin steak (or ribeye steak), about 150g - 200g each (marinate with 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp cooking wine and pepper for about 2 - 3 hours)
Handful of mixed salad greens
1 avocado (sliced)
1 Japanese cucumber (sliced)
5 to 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
Few stalks of parsley (chopped)
Few stalks of spring onion (chopped)
Few basil leaves (thinly shredded)
1/2 red chilli (sliced)
Dressings - mix together:
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (or 2 tbsp soy sauce)
1/2 tsp thick sesame paste
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp water
3 - 4 cm piece of lemongrass (finely chopped)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
1) Prepare the dressings and set aside.
2) With a lightly oiled hot pan, sear the steak for about 1 - 2 minutes on each side. Cover with foil and set aside (pour the meat juice from the cooked steak to the dressings).
3) Mix the ingredients in (A) and half of (B) together in a deep salad bowl.
4) Slice the steak and place on top of the bed of vegetables.
5) Sprinkle the remaining of (B) on top.
6) Pour salad dressings, toss well and serve immediately.